Conference Services Manager, WarwickshireNext Article Previous Article
Conference Services Manager
Department: Conference Services
Venue: Based at Woodside Hotel, Warwickshire
Supported By: Operations Director
Closing Date: 10th August 2019
Who We’re Looking For
Are you ambitious and motivated by hospitality? We are currently recruiting for a Conference Services Manager to join our team at Woodside in Warwickshire. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, observant and have a superb attention to detail.
What We Can Offer You
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and an extra day to be used on or around your birthday
- Healthcare cash plan
- Personal Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts for dining and B&B at our two hotels
- Quarterly bonus scheme
What You’ll Be Doing
As our Conference Services Manager, you will manage and support the department, and ensure our customers receive high standards and service for their meetings and events. This will involve making sure there are the agreed facilities, equipment, staffing and standards in all conference, syndicate and meeting rooms and that they meet the standards, qualities, values and procedures set out by the Sundial Group.
- Ensure conference/meeting/syndicate rooms are set up and equipped in accordance with customer requirements and Sundial standards through teamwork and effective delegation.
- Perform pre-arrival checks, carrying out meet and greet throughout the day with tutors and administration staff and building customer relationships.
- Responsible for the processing and planning of pre-arrival information, liaising closely with the sales/admin team. Also sharing information and communicating with all related departments.
- Have a sound knowledge of technical AV equipment used by customers and also situated within the conference rooms.
- Service rooms at lunch, dinner and any other times requested by customers or as deemed necessary.
- Maintain standards in the conference/meeting/syndicate rooms, to include regular cleaning, reporting and where able assisting with repairs.
- Order equipment as and when required.
- Advise on any stock that may be required for Conference Service Department
- Achieve department budgets and deal with financial information.
- Act as Duty Manager when necessary
- Take part in monthly department review with Operations Director.
- Continually review systems and standards to ensure our guests are provided with the most efficient and best service.
- Provide adequate guest and team IT support.
- Ensure all HR procedures are followed including selection and recruitment, induction, training development, coaching, welfare, and performance reviews.
- Ensure Health & Safety, hygiene regulations and risk assessments are achieved.
About Sundial Group
Sundial is an award-winning events group with a venue finding agency, a team building company and two of its own business hotels, Highgate House in Northamptonshire and Woodside in Warwickshire. This role is based at Woodside Hotel in Kenilworth. Woodside specialises in all types of events including meetings, conferences, team building events and weddings.
We’re proud to be one of the leading family run businesses in the events industry, dedicated to providing great services, facilities and environments for our customers. When you join us, you’ll automatically become part of our extended family. Regardless of where you work, you’re a vital part of our customers’ experience and influential in our success.
Terms and Conditions
- Work 5 days out of 7, approximately 40 hours per week (excluding meal breaks) in line with the needs of the business
- Visits to other Sundial Group venues, may be required including possible overnight stays.