Conference Services Assistant, NorthamptonshireNext Article Previous Article
Conference Services Assistant
Department: Conference Services
Venue: Highgate House, Northamptonshire
Duration: Full Time
Supported By: Conference Services Manager / Assistant Conference Services Manager
Closing Date: 30th March 2018
Who We’re Looking For
Are you ambitious and motivated by hospitality? We are currently recruiting for a Conference Services Assistant to join our team at Highgate House in Northamptonshire. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, observant and have a superb attention to detail.
What we can offer you
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Personal Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts for dining and B&B
- Quarterly bonus scheme
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Conference Services Assistant, you will have the important task of delivering our promise of ensuring customers receive the agreed facilities, equipment, staffing and standards in all conference, syndicate and meeting rooms.
- Ensure conference/meeting/syndicate rooms are set up and equipped in accordance with customer requirements and Sundial standards.
- Have a sound knowledge of technical AV equipment used by customer and also situated within the conference rooms.
- Service rooms at lunch, dinner and any other times requested by customers or as deemed necessary.
- Clean and clear conference and dining rooms as soon as possible after the group has left on the day of departure and set rooms for the next course.
- Ensure rooms are always ready for potential customers to be shown.
- Maintaining standards in the conference/meeting/syndicate rooms, to include regular cleaning, reporting and where able assisting with repairs.
- Performing pre-arrival checks, carrying out meet and greet throughout the day with tutors and administration staff.
- Ordering equipment as and when required.
- Keep in contact with delegates and tutors throughout the day to ensure all of their needs are met promptly, efficiently and in a polite, friendly and professional manner, passing information on to the rest of the team.
- Advise on any stock that may be required for Conference Service Department
About Sundial Group
Sundial is an award-winning events group with a venue finding agency, a team building company and two of its own business hotels, Highgate House in Northamptonshire and Woodside in Warwickshire. This role is based at Highgate House in Creaton, just 7 miles from Northampton. Highgate House specialises in all types of events including meetings, conferences, team building events and weddings.
We’re proud to be one of the leading family run businesses in the events industry, dedicated to providing great services, facilities and environments for our customers. When you join us, you’ll automatically become part of our extended family. Regardless of where you work, you’re a vital part of our customers’ experience and influential in our success.
Terms and Conditions
- Work 5 days out of 7, approximately 37.5 hours per week (excluding meal breaks) in line with the needs of the business
- Visits to other Sundial Group venues, may be required including possible overnight stays