Marketing Assistant (Student 1 Year Placement), NorthamptonshireNext Article Previous Article
Marketing Assistant (Student 1 Year Placement)
Location: Highgate House, Creaton, Northamptonshire
Duration: Full Time
Supported By: Marketing Manager
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Who We’re Looking For
Are you ambitious and motivated by marketing? We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Assistant to join our team at Sundial Group in Northamptonshire. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, observant and have a superb attention to detail.
What we can offer you
• 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Healthcare cash plan
• Personal Pension Scheme
• Staff discounts for dining and B&B
• Quarterly bonus scheme
What You’ll Be Doing
Responsible for assisting in various areas of marketing including brand communications,
administration, database management, event planning, internal marketing and research to help achieve marketing objectives, including increasing brand awareness, generating opportunities and supporting all areas of the business in marketing requirements.
- Proof reading: Assist in proof-reading all content, including blogs, web pages, brochures, flyers, email marketing and adverts.
- Regular reviews of online (on-page and off-page) content including the Sundial websites, directories, social networks, listings, reviews and off-page content to ensure correct and consistent information.
- Finding opportunities for content improvement and external content publishing.
- Content distribution and link building opportunities
- Job descriptions – assist in proof reading and putting together job descriptions for the business
- Assist in the planning and executing of various marketing events including
- Pre-planning of the events
- Assist in developing marketing strategies for promoting the events
- Putting together agendas
- Liaising with the venue throughout planning period
- On-the-day attendance and support
Database management (HubSpot)
- Assist the team in the management of the CRM/marketing database including regular checking and cleaning of data (contacts and companies), highlighting incorrect database use, managing out-of-offices and assisting in data protection compliance.
- Day to day management of all directories, ensuring content to fresh, quickly loaded and all information is up to date
- Communication with the businesses to support this
- Sourcing new opportunities and reviewing the relevance of the existing ones
- Researching ideas for blog & article topics
- Industry research
- Award entries
- Gather information, news & stories from Sundial Businesses to communicate internal and to assist in the production of the staff newsletter and other relevant marketing communications
About Sundial Group
Based in Creaton, Northamptonshire, Sundial is an award-winning events group with a venue finding agency, a team building company and two of its own business hotels, Highgate House in Northamptonshire and Woodside in Warwickshire.
We’re proud to be one of the leading family run businesses in the events industry, dedicated to providing great services, facilities and environments for our customers. When you join us, you’ll automatically become part of our extended family. Regardless of where you work, you’re a vital part of our customers’ experience and influential in our success.
Terms and Conditions
- Work 5 days out of 7 (Monday – Friday), approximately 37.5 hours per week (excluding meal breaks) in line with the needs of the business
- Due to rural location, own transport would be required
- Visits to other Sundial Group venues, may be required including possible overnight stays